Click on club badge to go back to 'Home' page from anywhere

Membership Page


 Join Online via the ACU website  It's now possible to join the club through the ACU website here.

Or on paper using the Club Membership Form as a word doc or pdf file (all updated for 2020)






Man17 Membership, ACU Codes & Licences

If you want to ride in an ACU event you'll need an ACU Licence or Trials Registration appropriate for the type of event you're riding.  Licences need to be renewed each year.

When you first get an ACU Licence you'll also be issued with an ACU Number.  Keep a note of this it's permanent and you'll need it in future, either when you apply for your next year's Licence or if you enter an event online via the ACU website.

To get your ACU Licence you need a unique, personal ACU Code issued by your club.  The Codes are also annual, so every rider will need a new Code each year.  This is the ACU's way of making sure that Licences are only issued to genuine members of an ACU club.

Your annual ACU Code is not the same as your ACU Number.  Your Code is annual and your Number is ongoing.  For example, a 2020 Code for Man17 will start 20015XXXX 20 is the year and 015 is Man17.

To get your annual ACU Code from us, you need to join the club.  There are several ways you can do this:

         On paper   Download and complete the Membership Form (links at top of this page) and return it to us with your 5 membership fee.  The address to send it to is on the form.  There's a box on the top of the form for whether or not you want an ACU Code.

         Join at an event   When you get your entry form also ask for a membership form, then fill it in and hand back to the Secretary of the Meeting.  They will pass your information on to our Membership Secretary who will send you your ACU Code as soon as possible.

         At Manchester Xtreme   Go and see Andy Owen and his team at Manchester Xtreme on the A6 in Hazel Grove near Stockport who can sort it all out for you, including issuing your ACU Code.

         Online via the ACU website  It's now possible to join the club through the ACU website here.  You will then be automatically issued with your annual ACU Code and can apply for your ACU Licence or Trials Registration.  The ACU will even collect your Man17 membership fee and forward the balance to us.  It's a fairly new system but we think it's the way forward.  In a few minutes from now, you could have both your club membership and your ACU Licence sorted, all without moving from your seat!  Unless you need a coffee!

If you've sent us a form or joined at an event our Membership Secretary will send you your ACU Code as soon as possible, probably by email if you've included an email address.  Please make sure you write clearly, especially for the email address.  If we can't read it, we can't send it!

You'll find information about ACU Licences and the Codes at:







Manchester 17 MCC Ltd. - What does that mean?

In 2007 The Manchester "17" MCC became a company limited by guarantee.

This means that it does not have shares or shareholders, but instead it has members. Its day-to-day management is carried out by the Committee and the directors.  By becoming a member you will be entitled to do the following things:

         to attend and vote at general meetings; normally there will be one meeting per year, called the Annual General Meeting or AGM, and you will be given at least two weeks' notice of the place and time of the meeting for example to:-

         to receive the annual accounts of the company;

         to elect the Committee by voting at the meeting;

         to vote on any fundamental changes to the nature of the company, its name, its purposes, or what happens to its profits.

We may also need to call other general meetings in exceptional circumstances

You will not be entitled to receive any dividend or other income from the company.

If the company makes a profit this will be retained to help pay for the company's activities in the following years. If the company is wound up you will not receive any money from the company because its constitution requires that it should be paid to another similar organisation.

The constitution is made up of the memorandum and the articles of association. The memorandum sets out what the company can do and why it exists; and the articles deal with the holding of meetings, the admission of members, the election of the Committee and the directors and other rules relating to the running of the company. These are legal documents that are registered on the public records for the company held at Companies House. They may also be inspected (by arrangement) at Manchester 17 MCC Ltd. Macclesfield SK10 4RR. You can download a copy of the memorandum and the articles of association on this web site here.

You will not be liable for any debts of the company by becoming a member. You will not be liable if someone brings a legal case against the company.

This is because like most other companies it is a limited company, which means your liability as a member is limited. If the company is wound up (which may happen, for example, if it cannot pay its debts) then you will have to pay no more than 25p to the company.

This is the amount that you `guarantee' or promise to pay to the company by becoming a member, as set out in clause 3 of the memorandum. In addition, if you have paid a subscription to the company there may not be enough funds left to return to you any of that subscription, even if the winding up happens part way through a membership year.